MySpace 2.0 Layouts

Friday 27 August 2010

A Blue Christmas

Hi all, yes I have made another card, took me a little while but I finally finished it, so decided to show it off.  I hope you like it.

Firstly I got an A4 sheet of white card from my stash, I am not sure of the gsm, but it is a nice heavy weight card.  I ran it through my printer, and printed a lovely blue snowflake backing paper on both sides.  The backing paper came from another Funky Hand Craft CD called 'Yule Be Funky', which has some wonderfully different Christmas backing papers to print out.

I then measured, so that I could get a card that would fold neatly 3 times and then cut my card down to size.  I made the measurements 3.5 inch square for each panel, that's around 8.9 cm square for those who like to be metric...  lol.  I used am Xcut Corner Punch from Docraft to round the corners of the card and then scored the card using a Hougie Board to score the folds before folding them.

I used my Cricut Die Cutting Machine to cut out some silver rounded corner 3 insquares, and then cut out some white squares using the shadow feature to make them slightly bigger.  Three of the silver squares went through my Texture Boutique, using a Cuttlebug embossing folder called 'Holly Ribbons'.  I then stuck them onto the slightly larger white square, and the placed one in each of the panels on the front of the card.  I also placed one silver square un-embossed on the last panel on the back of the card.

For the embellishments on the card I used a downloaded Scrapbooking kit from Nitwits, called 'The Beary Christmas Collection', I loved the cute little bear characters, and the other parts of the kit.  I printed out what I needed onto a single sheet of A4 160gsm text and graphics paper,  printing out each image 3 times, so I could decoupage them, and making a 3in square with a Christmas greeting in, and some of the cute buttons from the Bear kit in each corner.

After decoupaging each image, I stuck them onto the squares, and then used some 3D Crystal Lacquer to highlight various sections, like noses and bells.  The silver Merry Christmas Greeting was made using the Texture Boutique once more, this time using a Sizzix embossing folder from a set called imaginatively, 'Christmas Set'.  I cut it down to size, and layered white card behind it, and placed a blue gem in the middle of the flourish beneath the words.  I then put it in the middle panel of the front of the card at a jaunty angle.  Front complete!!!

The back of the card is not so highly embellished, but is still pretty to look at.  I placed the white printed square, with greeting, on the first panel, putting 3D Crystal Lacquer on the buttons to make them stand out.  Another decoupage image went on the last panel, with a couple of silver holly peeloffs in opposite corners, with some red Stickles added for the berries.  The middle panel has some snowflake stickers I found in my crafty stash, and 'Lo... the card was complete'.

Now all I have to do is make a box. but thankfully that is for another day...

Have fun crafting...

hugs Janie xxx

2 comments:

  1. A great idea Janie. I really like the fold.

    Love Joan xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fab Funky Hand product!! I'd forgotten about those papers - will have to dig the cd out again!

    ReplyDelete